Finathon aims to scout for Fintech solutions through a hackathon aimed at students. Finathon provides a unique opportunity to create new age solutions for real world problems using emerging technologies.
The program is intended for the technical skill development and tech hiring. Finathon is a 36-hours Idea-to-prototyping competition where the participants come-up with their own ideas/solutions to the specific themes/problems and make a prototype of it by the end of the hackathon.
Below listed are the themes identified and handcrafted with industry partners for Finathon:
- Payment technologies
- Process Automation
- Financial Inclusion
- Alternative lending
- WINNER INR 2 LAKH
- 1ST RUNNER UP INR1 LAKH
- 2ND RUNNER UP INR 50000
This is a team based hackathon for students. Team Size can be maximum of 5 members and minimum of 3 members.
WORKSHOPS & PRELIMINARY SCREENING
We are organising a series of Workshops at multiple locations in Andhra Pradesh from 24th Sep 2018 to 13th Oct 2018.
Registered teams should participate in Offline/Online Finathon for preliminary screening.
- Offline Finathon
- Online Finathon
- Registered teams can participate in Offline Finathon at selected locations from 24th Sep 2018 to 13th Oct 2018. Please click here for the schedule.
- Online Finathon is scheduled on 14th Oct 2018. Detailed information will be shared with registered teams.
A carefully chosen panel of experts will screen the Hacks submitted by teams through Online /Offline Finathon.Each team will be scored on the basis of uniqueness of the idea, readiness of the products and scalability factor.
List of selected teams for Grand Finathon will be announced on 16th Oct 2018.
Top 50 teams will participate in 36 hours Grand Finathon on 22nd-23rd Oct 2018 at Fintech Valley Vizag. Grand Finathon winners will be announced by email and on our website at 6PM on 25th October 2018. Awards ceremony will be held at the Vizag Fintech Festival on 25th October 2018.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Students can participate in Finathon irrespective of stream, college and graduating year.
- Students can register in teams to take part in this hackathon (or) invite friends to form a team (or) request other teams to add as a member.
- Addition/deletion of team members is not permitted after the submission of hack for preliminary screening.
- Each team can submit a hack on only one problem statement.
- The hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration.
- Participants are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Mentors will be available to help the participants in nurturing their ideas and also with the technology.